Internet & Device Usage Policy
This Internet Usage Policy applies to all employees, associates, freelancers and guests of SEO LLC who have access to computers and the Internet to be used in the performance of their work. Use of the Internet by all users of SEO LLC access & tools is permitted and encouraged where such use supports the goals and objectives of the business. However, access to the Internet and use of devices through SEO LLC is a privilege and all users must adhere to the policies concerning Computer, Device, Email and Internet usage. Violation of these policies could result in disciplinary and/or legal action leading up to and including termination of employment or services. Users may also be held personally liable for damages caused by any violations of this policy. All users are required to acknowledge receipt and confirm that they have understood and agree to abide by the rules hereunder.
Computer, device, phone, email and internet usage
• Users are expected to use the Internet & devices responsibly and productively. Internet access is limited to business related activities only and personal use is not permitted
• Business activities include research and educational tasks, marketing, data entry, design, development & support that may be found via the Internet that would help in a user’s business role
• All Internet data that is composed, transmitted and/or received by SEO LLC’s devices, networks & computer systems is considered to belong to SEO LLC and is recognized as part of its official data. It is therefore subject to disclosure for legal reasons or to other appropriate third parties
• The devices, services and technology used to access the Internet are the property of SEO LLC and SEO LLC reserves the right to monitor Internet traffic and monitor and access data that is composed, sent or received through its online connections
• Emails or messaging sent via SEO LLC systems or devices should not contain content that is deemed to be offensive. This includes, though is not restricted to, the use of vulgar or harassing language/images
• All sites and downloads may be monitored and/or blocked by SEO LLC if they are deemed to be harmful and/or not productive to business
• The installation of software such as instant messaging technology is strictly prohibited
Unacceptable use of the internet by employees includes, but is not limited to:
• Sending or posting discriminatory, harassing, or threatening messages or images on the Internet or via SEO LLC’s email service
• Using devices to perpetrate any form of fraud, and/or software, film or music piracy
• Stealing, using, or disclosing someone else’s password without authorization
• Downloading, copying or pirating software and electronic files that are copyrighted or without authorization
• Sharing confidential material, trade secrets, or proprietary information outside of the organization
• Hacking into unauthorized websites
• Sending or posting information that is defamatory to SEO LLC, SEO LLC clients, officers, employees, associates, freelancers or partners, colleagues and its products/services
• Introducing malicious software onto SEO LLC’s network and/or jeopardizing the security of the organization’s electronic communications systems
• Sending or posting chain letters, solicitations, or advertisements not related to business purposes or activities
• Passing off personal views as representing those of the organization
If an employee is unsure about what constituted acceptable Internet usage, then he/she should ask his/her supervisor for further guidance and clarification.
All terms and conditions as stated in this document are applicable to all users of SEO LLC’s network and Internet connection. All terms and conditions as stated in this document reflect an agreement of all parties and should be governed and interpreted in accordance with the policies and procedures mentioned above. Any user violating these policies is subject to disciplinary actions deemed appropriate by SEO LLC.
I understand and will abide by this Internet Usage Policy. I further understand that should I commit any violation of this policy, my access privileges may be revoked, disciplinary action and/or appropriate legal action may be taken.
Use of this or any SEO LLC device, system, network, service or product constitutes acceptance of this policy.
This Policy May Be Updated Periodically and Continued Use Will Constitute Acceptance Of Changes to This Document.